TRSTools Version 1.05
June 1, 2011 by Matthew Reed
This release contains a number of fixes and improvements:
- TRSTools now extends LDOS and LS-DOS file dating to the year 2012 and beyond. New file dates can now range from 1980 to 2079 but are stored in a way that is completely backward compatible with older disks. See LDOS and LS-DOS: 2012 and Beyond – A Solution for more information.
- TRSTools will now prompt to apply post-2011 date extension patches to any non-write protected Model 4 LS-DOS 6.3.1 or Model I and III LDOS 5.3.1 disk image. (This prompt can be turned off in the Preferences menu.) It will automatically select the correct patches based on the disk type.
- I added improved recognition of all three MULTIDOS date formats. TRSTools will now automatically recognize which format is being used by the directory.
- I fixed a problem with reading Model III TRSDOS files. Under a few circumstances, reading from a heavily fragmented Model III TRSDOS file could result in corrupted data.
- An option in the file viewer to switch to a hexadecimal view wasn’t always present. I have fixed that omission.
- TRSREAD and TRSWRITE were also updated with these changes to version 4.28